The Master of Business Administration is an online postgraduate degree that will equip you with the theory, framework, and skills to tackle any challenge you face in today’s complex business environment. With our MBA Pathway, you can gain entry to this degree based on your management experience alone by progressing first through a Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma – complete your study journey having earned three respected qualifications!
Made up of nine core units and three elective units, the MBA+ provides you with a truly comprehensive business acumen that can be tailored to your field of expertise. You will be empowered with advanced skills and knowledge, graduating with the ability to transform theory and concepts into innovative, impactful solutions.
You go the extra mile to add postgraduate study into your schedule, and we believe your degree should do the same. That’s where the plus comes in. The MBA+ supports your potential with unique benefits, including:
- Success Coaching: You will have an academic expert through every unit to discuss readings and provide feedback on your assessments. Study online, not alone.
- Complementary Short Course Training: Gain free, unlimited access to AIM's suite of Short Courses for up to 5 years. Practical skills training at your fingertips.
- Practical Assessments: Your assessments are designed so you can use them to solve real problems in your workplace. No exams, no group work.
Who is this Course For?
The Master of Business Administration degree is for the truly ambitious, people who want to be leaders in their fields and drive the success of Australian industry. Graduates of this program go on to become senior executives, CEOs, and founders of their own businesses and report earning salaries to match their achievements. We recommend this qualification for anyone who wants to be among the exceptional leaders of tomorrow. Our highly accessible and supported learning model ensures you can succeed in your studies without making sacrifices to your current work or personal life.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course, students will have:
- Business Knowledge: Exemplify an integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge of business functions by researching and critically reflecting on theories, frameworks, and best practices in organisational contexts.
- Business Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills: Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative research, analytical skills, rigour, and critical thinking to diagnose complex business problems and develop strategic evidence-based solutions.
- Business Communication: Illustrate advanced oral and written communication skills by logically synthesising information or data reflecting sound professional judgement and presenting it in an ethical, responsible, and convincing manner.
- Global Diversity, Continuous Learning, and Adaptability to Change: Synthesise the global diversity of business systems and processes to advance business knowledge and adapt the best business practices.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility: Display ethical and social responsibility as a practitioner in defining goals and specifications, setting quality standards and personal decision-making and behaviour.
- Leadership Development: Exercise high levels of autonomy, innovative thinking, and the capacity to initiate and encourage continuous improvement in learning while effectively influencing others to achieve desired results.
Units of Study
The Master of Business Administration consists of 12 units, 9 core units that include a capstone unit that requires the completion of all previous core units and 3 elective units that enable you to tailor your degree to your field of interest. You could complete the MBA+ in as little as one year.
- Leading, Managing, and Developing People
- Marketing for Managers
- Managing Operational Improvement
- Managing Financial Resources
- Managing, Developing, and Implementing Strategy^+
- Economics for Managers^+
- Business Research Methods^+
- Business Decision-Making and Analysis^+
- Corporate Strategy and Responsibility (Capstone Unit)°
Electives to Choose from:
- The Agile Business Future
- Contract Law for Managers
- Cyber Security and the Cloud
- Emerging Technologies and Digital Leadership
- Human Resource Management+
- International Business
- Leading for Innovation and Sustainability
- Managing a Project-Based Organisation
°Pre-requisites: All previous core units
+Pre-requisite: Leading, Managing, and Developing People
^Pre-requisites: Managing Financial Resources, Managing Operational Improvement, and Marketing for Managers
At AIM Business School, our MBA+ has entry options for the most experienced managers. Enter with:
- Bachelor degree and two (2) years’ relevant management experience or;
Alternatively, for managers who do not have a completed undergraduate degree, you can enter the MBA+ by starting at the Graduate Certificate of Management with:
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma and three (3) years’ management experience or;
- No formal tertiary qualification but five years’ (5) relevant management experience.
In addition, you must:
- Meet English Requirements; and
- Have access to a computer and internet connection that meet Technology Requirements
You’ll be able to build towards your MBA while gaining an additional two qualifications along the way.
AIM Business School charges individual unit fees which are payable prior to the date of commencement of that unit or 14 days upon invoice generated.
Payment of fees may be made by:
- credit card or
- application for FEE-HELP, a government loan given to eligible students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees.
For students enrolling for courses commencing in 2019 and future years, AIM Business School reserves the right to adjust tuition fees annually Find out more about fees and charges.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Students who can provide evidence of previous study at a similar AQF level or demonstrable equivalent experience, may on application, be provided with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer for up to 50% of a respective course. All applications for exemption or RPL will be assessed on an individual basis.For students seeking RPL based on experience only, an assessment fee applies per unit for successful applications. For more information about the RPL process, please contact a Senior Learning Advisor on 1300 658 337 or request a call back today.
Why Choose AIM Business School?
Practical, real-world learning – no exams!
There are no exams at AIM Business School. Rather, assessment is based on undertaking realistic projects applied to each participant’s own organisational and industry contexts. Emphasis is placed on contemporary, relevant and interactive case studies. Participants engage in coursework that is entirely applicable to their work to ensure they receive immediate value from their learning experience.
Best in Class Faculty
Our faculty are highly qualified and experienced business professionals. They are chosen based on their senior management experience in their area of specialisation, appropriate postgraduate and teaching qualifications and a commitment to keep abreast of developments in their area of specialisation. Be inspired by practitioners with senior level business and industry experience and benefit from their extensive business knowledge and practical leadership and management skills.
Great Student Experience
Our current and former students consistently rank their experience studying with AIM Business School as exceptional. In fact, we rank above the national average in all but one category, with particular satisfaction for our teaching practices, support services, and overall experience. Don’t believe us? Check us out at ComparED for yourself.
Prompt, personalised and on-going support
We’ll be there to help you throughout your study journey. Gain prompt, personalised and ongoing support from specialised Faculty and our Student Support Team. We know postgraduate study is a commitment and we’re committed to providing you exceptional support throughout your qualification.
Flexible intake periods
At AIM Business School, you don’t have to wait for the next semester intake. When we say flexible and accessible, we mean it. We understand that working professionals need both when enrolling in postgraduate study. This means, with bimonthly, you can start as soon as you’re ready. It’s convenience at its best.
Looking for more information?
Our team is happy to help.
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by new students