The AIM Business School MBA program is tailored for the experienced professional providing flexible study options, a practical learning context you can apply immediately within your organisation and a personalised study journey by recognising your prior learning.
Through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), you can embark on an MBA that acknowledges the skills and knowledge you have acquired through previous academic studies, work or life experiences. With appropriate experience supported by evidence, AIM Business School may provide you with credit for up to 50% (or a maximum of 6 units) allowing you to complete your MBA earlier and saving on total cost.
|MBA – without RPL||MBA – with maximum RPL granted|
|12 Units||6 Units|
|Typical completion time: 1 year or up to 2 years part-time||Typical completion time: 6 months or up to 1 year part-time*|
^Total course cost includes an RPL assessment fee per unit for successful applicants. Price correct as of 1 January 2018 and is subject to change.
*Dependent on unit availability
1. Download the RPL Application Booklet here and read through the Introduction and Policies section
2. Read the Unit Introductory Information in the booklet and reflect on your prior learning
3. Complete ‘Section 1’ located in the RPL Booklet
4. Complete ‘Section 2’ and develop a written statement for each, mapping each claim to the learning outcomes
5. Once you’ve completed Section 1 and Section 2, return the RPL Booklet to AIM Business School’s RPL Advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If your RPL application is successful, you’ll be granted credit towards your course.
Preparing for RPL submission
There’s specific criteria you’ll need when applying for RPL. You’ll need to demonstrate your prior learning through the following means:
- non-formal learning (structured learning but without a professionally accredited qualification – e.g. executive education, MOOC);
- or informal learning that is neither organised nor structured via objectives – e.g. managerial professional experience, volunteer experiences, self-employment;
- or formal learning (accredited qualifications).
Don’t forget – if you’ve previously completed or partially completed a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma with another provider in the last 10 years, you may be eligible for a Credit Transfer at no additional cost. This also takes into consideration those who have partially completed an MBA at another institution within the past 10 years.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
AIM Business School recognises the Australian Institute of Company Directors Company Directors Course and International Company Directors Course and provides credit transfer for one elective towards the MBA+ to enrolled candidates who have successfully passed the Company Directors Course or International Company Directors Course assessment.