The purpose of this statement is to let visitors to the AIM Business School (ABS) website know what information is collected about them when they visit the ABS website as well as what information is collected when they engage with ABS.
What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that ABS will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include: your name, address, email, phone number, employment and education information and any other personal information which will enable ABS to process your application. This information is only recorded when you provide it through a digital form.
ABS does not collect or solicit any personal information that might be unlawful, unnecessary, or unrelated to the functions or activities of ABS.
ABS respects the personal information of the people it deals with, including its students, customers and service providers and handles your personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) where applicable.
1. Record of your visit
When you visit the ABS website, a record is generated about your visit which will be used for statistical purposes. Information collected includes:
- your server address
- your top-level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au, etc.)
- the date and time of your visit
- the pages you accessed, and documents downloaded
- the previous site you visited, and
- the type of browser you used.
ABS may also collect personal information and other data from you through the use of a cookie or other automated means such as server logs. You can choose to disallow cookies by changing settings on your web browser.
ABS advertises its products across the internet and may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimise, and display advertisements based on a user's visit to the website. To opt-out of this tracking service please go to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. ABS also uses third party providers to target advertising based on online behaviour.
4. Direct marketing
We may also use your personal information so that we can promote and market products, services and special offers, and advise you of news and industry updates, education programs, and other information that we think will be of interest to you. This marketing may be carried in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, social media or via our websites) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by contacting us on 1300 658 337 or by clicking the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. If you have previously unsubscribed from ABS marketing communications and then submit your details with us again, such as through a form, please note that you are opting back in to receive marketing materials from ABS. You will be able to unsubscribe again at any time.
5. Online request forms
Where the ABS website provides electronic forms that allow you to request particular information from ABS, personal information is only requested in order for ABS to respond to your inquiry.
6. Accessing IT systems, portals, and online forms
Any interaction you have through the ABS website, through the use of IT systems, portals or online forms, will also be covered by a separate privacy notice dealing with the particular activity (for example Enrolment, Privacy of Student Information and Records).
7. Phone call recording
Any interaction you have with ABS staff via phone may be recorded for training and compliance purposes. If you do not wish for the call to be recorded, please alert us during the call; the alternate option will be to communicate with ABS via email.
When we disclose your personal information
Personal information collected as a result of your visit to the ABS website, through an online request form, phone call or emailed inquiry, will only be used for the purposes it was collected for as defined above, including statistical analysis. Information may also be used where required as part of training and compliance purposes such as an investigation into alleged breaches of ABS rules, and policies or where required or permitted by law.
We may share your personal information within ABS to assist us in providing our products and services to you.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- if you are enrolled in an ABS program (including microcredential courses) paid for or arranged by your employer or another organisation – to your employer (including their associated entities as necessary) or that organisation;
- to government agencies and regulatory authorities, including law enforcement agencies, TEQSA and the Department of Education;
- to our agents, business partners and third-party service providers, including other education and training providers that we work with to provide education and training;
- to credit-reporting bodies and debt collection agencies;
- to our insurers and professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- to third parties who assist us in managing, marketing or developing our business, including our products and services;
- to overseas recipients in the USA, UK, NZ, & Asia Pacific for support and assistance as it uses cloud-based internet applications that are hosted outside of Australia for its operational business platform;
- as permitted or required by law.
Managing personal information
Information collected via the ABS website, forms, email, and phone will be stored securely and will only be retained for the purposes for which it was collected, and in line with legal retention requirements.
You have a right to access personal information or amend inaccurate information held about you. Further information can be found in the Privacy of Student Information and Records Policy and Procedure.
Privacy at AIM Business School
For further information about privacy, see the Privacy of Student Information and Records Policy and Procedure.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 1300 221 517.