Kath is a Management Consultant, Facilitator and Executive /Leadership Coach with extensive experience in leading major business operations; as an Executive in the financial services industry, information technology industry and in the not- for-profit sector, both internationally and in Australia. In addition, Kath has complimented her experience with professional qualifications and certifications including being a Professional Certified Coach (PCC), with the International Coaching Federation; being Certified as a Semco Style Expert through Semco Style Institute, a Chartered Manager and Fellow, (CMgr FIML) Institute of Managers and Leaders; a Fellow and Certified Practitioner Member, (FCPHR) Australian Human Resources Institute; and a Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Kath believes that in these ever-changing times when everything is moving so quickly that new ways of working and shaping solutions are required. This requires new ways of leading and learning to help organisations and people thrive.
Areas of Specialisation
Executive and Leadership Coaching – Kath specialises in leadership development and supports clients to gain self-awareness, clarify goals, achieve their development objectives, unlock their potential, and acts as a confidential sounding board. She asks questions, challenges assumptions and helps her clients achieve clarity and gain a deep appreciation of what’s currently supporting them and what’s getting in the way. Its all about really understanding themselves. Her clients are then supported to make the changes needed. Kath uses several frameworks including The Leadership Circle Profile and System.
Culture Change - Her areas of passion are facilitating and coaching to support transformational change in complex environments. She is highly skilled in designing and leading cultural change initiatives, working with staff and clients to create change. She utilises the Collective Leadership Assessment to support this work.
Team Building - She loves working with teams to succeed in dynamic service environments helping to increase the capacity and capability of organisations and people. This is essential in all sectors and, especially across Government and the Disability and Aged Care Sectors.
Leadership Development - Kath facilitates leadership development programs that change thinking and behaviour and supports these with strengths-based developmental coaching. She facilitates adaptive leadership programs and interventions to support leaders work with complex challenges.
Kath is an Adjunct Facilitator in the business school sector, currently facilitating both online and classroom subjects on their Master of Business Administration program.
- Professional Certified Coach – International Coaching Federation
- Accredited Organisational Coach, Level Three, Institute of Executive Coaching (IECL)
- The Neuroscience of Change- Coaches Rising 23 Sept 2020-8 January 2201
- 2019 Practical wisdom in Turbulent Times Oxford University Mindfulness Centre Summer School
- Adaptive Leadership and Working with Complexity - Social Leadership Australia, Sydney
- Attended Marty Linsky- “Adaptive leadership workshops” April 2018
- Attended Robert Kegan “An everyone culture- Deliberately developmental organisation workshops” December 2017
- Attended Michael Bungay Stanier Workshop- The Coaching Habit May 2018
- Attended Introduction to Human-Centered Design- IDEO May 2018
- The Leadership Circle Suite of Tools (360 Assessment, Manager Edition, Culture Survey)
- The Leadership System Integrated Approach to Leadership Development
- Accredited Champion Trainer and Licensed Coach – Outside In Customer Centric Process Redesign System – BP Group
- Company Directors Diploma, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Qualifications - Masters in Business Administration, Diploma of Marketing, Diploma in Human Resources
- Fellow and Chartered Manager, (CMgrFIML) Institute of Managers and Leaders
- Fellow–Leaders Institute of South Australia (2005 Graduate)
- Graduate Member,(AICD) Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow and Certified Professional Member, (CAHRI) Australian Institute of Human Resources
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), with the International Coaching Federation;
- Certified as a Semco Style Expert through Semco Style Institute
- Graduate Member Chartered Institute of Marketing
I wish to provide you with some feedback regarding my MBA+ journey with AIM, as I don’t feel the survey that comes my way after the completion of most units allows for an accurate reflection.
On balance, my journey has been an enjoyable one and it has complimented my existing knowledge. However, my last two units, including Human Resource Management with Kath Milne require special mention. The way in which Kath approach the transfer of knowledge, and more importantly, the journey of critical thinking is a credit to them. My personal gains from this unit has been exceptional and I am thankful for having her as my facilitator.
Thanks Kath … the two days have gone so quickly! I definitely took away lots of new learnings and a whole bunch of reminders and refreshers, complimented by your experience and the experience of the rest of the participants. Will enjoy applying it all back in the workplace