Following completion of this Microcredential, participants should be able to:
- Assess the role the marketing function fulfils with in the overall business strategy
- Review marketplace forces and identify trends that will affect future business performance
- Understand consumer behaviour to develop differentiation and positioning strategies to assist in developing competitive advantage
- Implement a thorough marketing strategy, evaluating a range of strategic options, selecting those most appropriate to the organisation
- Demonstrate the application of intellectual rigour and scholarship to be ethical and socially responsible senior managers
- Demonstrate a high order of skill in analysis, critical thinking, communications, and professional application
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations, to solve problems and to this rigorously and independently
What is a Microcredential?
Microcredentials are certifications of assessed competency in high-demand skillsets and knowledge areas that are industry-recognised and can be achieved in shorter timeframes than other AQF award qualifications. Aligned with the individual units of our MBA+ program, a Microcredential from AIM demonstrates the high standard of learning you have achieved and bolsters your career outcomes. On successful completion, share your Microcredential on LinkedIn and other digital platforms to display your growing professional value to current and future employers.
Your Microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential or be used as recognition towards an ABS postgraduate qualification.
Progress online through theory study over 7 weeks guided by learning experts
Test and demonstrate your understanding of curriculum with online facilitator-marked assessments
Complete your study and gain a highly recognised and respected credential
Leverage your Microcredential with current and future employers to demonstrate your skills and commitment to development.
Is this Microcredential right for you?
This Microcredential is for managers seeking to learn the basic theories and principles of marketing so that they can engage in meaningful discussions and make better informed decisions..
You can study this Microcredential as a standalone course or stack it together with other related Microcredentials to build towards ABS postgraduate qualifications, such as:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Transformation
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Management
- Master of Business Administration
Learn it. Earn it. Share it.
Upon successfully completing the Microcredential in Marketing Management, you will be awarded with a digital badge to recognise your high standard of learning and commitment to professional development. You can print your badge or share it digitally, such as on LinkedIn or your personal resume, to demonstrate your ability to your peers and current or future employers.
Online Study - 7 weeks
This Microcredential is delivered fully online and students receive support from expert facilitators in the form of feedback to drive progress.
Our state-of-the-art online learning management system, myABS, offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas, and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Designed to accommodate the schedule of full-time working professionals, this Microcredential is highly accessible and provides a guided experience for students.
There are three assessment tasks for this Microcredential.
|% of Overall Grade Period
|Ongoing but completed by Week 7
|10 multiple choice questions per topic
AIM facilitators are experienced practitioners with a robust mix of academic and practical expertise. We believe the education of the future managers of Australia to be a highly important task. Who is better placed to teach the art and science of management than those with current, daily real-world experience?
Our motto: By managers, for managers.