You are here
Graduate Certificate in Business
The Graduate Certificate in Business develops students’ understanding of the key disciplines that drive business success in our rapidly digitising world, while offering the ability to explore critical specialised functions of interest. It is a Level 8 qualification according the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), which places it one level higher in complexity than a bachelor’s degree.
Designed for ambitious managers with entry based on management experience, the Graduate Certificate in Business is available for study 100% online, providing you with unlimited flexibility to structure your learning around your individual needs and schedule.
Made up of four core business units, students will discover the complexities of people management, acquire a theoretical and practical understanding of strategy, and learn to evaluate the financial impact of business decisions and activities. The final unit will further knowledge in one of the following areas: Operational Improvement, Entrepreneurship, Business Decision-Making, or Business Research Methods.
The Graduate Certificate in Business is part of the specialist MBA pathway. The first step on your MBA journey, achieve functional excellence in Business and stand out from the crowd. The AIM MBA offers you 3 unique qualifications in 1 learning pathway, ensuring you are empowered to thrive in your function, in leadership, and well into the future.
Course Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this course, students will have:
1. Advanced understanding of leading, managing and developing people effectively
2. Advanced theoretical and practical understanding of the strategic process and strategic management
3. Advanced understanding on using financial information to evaluate the financial impact of business decisions and activities
4. Advanced cognitive, technical and communication skills for business managers to select and apply methods and technologies to:
a. analyse critically, evaluate and transform information to complete a range of business activities;
b. analyse, generate, and transmit business solutions to complex problems;
c. transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others about business; and
d. demonstrate autonomy, well developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a business manager
Units of Study
Successfully completing the four core units of the Graduate Certificate provides you with a formal qualification and these units are stackable towards our MBA+ program. If you decide to pursue this higher degree at a later, your previous study with us will count towards your total credit.
4 Core Units
- Leading, Managing, and Developing People
- Managing Financial Resources
- Managing, Developing, and Implementing Strategy
- Managing Operational Improvement OR Business Decision-Making and Analysis OR Business Research Methods OR Entrepreneurship
For a detailed unit description, please contact a Senior Learning Advisor on 1300 658 337 or Download the Course Guide .
The Graduate Certificate in Business has entry options based on tertiary qualifications and relevant management experience.
- Bachelor degree and two years’ relevant management experience
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma and three years’ management experience
- No formal tertiary qualification but five years’ relevant management experience
In addition, you must:
- Meet English Requirements; and
- Have access to a computer and internet connection that meet Technology Requirements
Successfully completing the Graduate Certificate gives you a formal qualification and the units studied are stackable towards our MBA+ program. If you decide to pursue this higher degree at a later date, your previous study with us will count towards your total credit.
At AIM Business School, postgraduate education has never been more accessible. With all learning materials available fully online, you can choose to study whenever and wherever best suits regardless of your location, lifestyle, and work situation.
Online learning provides flexibility and convenience, which is great for anyone constrained by time or distance. You can complete your qualification when it suits you and at your own pace.
Studying online doesn’t equate to studying alone. You’ll have access to unit introduction videos, regular webinars, self-assessment tasks, and other learning materials all through our unique virtual campus, myABS. This state-of-the-art online learning management system offers a ‘community’ approach to self-directed study where you can share experiences, ideas, and questions through integrated features such as chat forums, live chat, and links with social media platforms.
A successful career in the modern age requires a substantial breadth of knowledge across many business functions, as well as an awareness of how to best utilise new and emerging technologies.
Upon completion of this course, graduates will possess:
- Advanced understanding of leading, managing and developing people effectively
- Advanced theoretical and practical understanding of the strategic process and strategic management
- Advanced understanding on using financial information to evaluate the financial impact of business decisions and activities
- Advanced cognitive, technical, and communication skills for business managers to select and apply methods and technologies to:
- Analyse critically, evaluate and transform information to complete a range of business activities
- Analyse, generate, and transmit business solutions to complex problems
- Transmit knowledge, skills, and ideas to others about business and demonstrate autonomy, well developed judgement, adaptability, and responsibility as a business manager
AIM Business School charges individual unit fees which are payable prior to the date of commencement of that unit or 14 days upon invoice generated.
Payment of fees may be made by:
- credit card or
- application for FEE-HELP, a government loan given to eligible students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees.
For students enrolling for courses commencing in 2019 and future years, AIM Business School reserves the right to adjust tuition fees annually Find out more about fees and charges.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Students who can provide evidence of previous study at a similar AQF level or demonstrable equivalent experience, may on application, be provided with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer for up to 50% of a respective course. All applications for RPL will be assessed on an individual basis. For students seeking RPL based on experience only, an administration fee applies per unit for successful applications. For more information about the RPL process, please contact a Senior Learning Advisor on 1300 658 337 or request a call back today.
What sets us apart?
Practical, real-world learning – no exams!
There are no exams at AIM Business School. Rather, assessment is based on undertaking realistic projects applied to each participant’s own organisational and industry contexts. Emphasis is placed on contemporary, relevant and interactive case studies. Participants engage in coursework that is entirely applicable to their work to ensure they receive immediate value from their learning experience.
Best in class faculty
Our faculty are highly qualified and experienced business professionals. They are chosen based on their senior management experience in their area of specialisation, appropriate postgraduate and teaching qualifications and a commitment to keep abreast of developments in their area of specialisation. Be inspired by practitioners with senior level business and industry experience and benefit from their extensive business knowledge and practical leadership and management skills.
mySupport – supporting you throughout your study journey
At AIM Business School, students are provided with complimentary access to 9 support functions ranging from online study support, academic support, personal assistance program, professional development and more. We know balancing study, work, social and life commitments can be a handful at times and by providing a range of support options, you’ll never be studying alone.
Flexible intake periods
At AIM Business School, you don’t have to wait for the next semester intake. When we say flexible and accessible, we mean it. We understand that working professionals need both when enrolling in postgraduate study. This means, with bimonthly, you can start as soon as you’re ready. It’s convenience at its best.
Prompt, personalised and on-going support
We’ll be there to help you throughout your study journey. Gain prompt, personalised and ongoing support from specialised Faculty and our Student Support Team. We know postgraduate study is a commitment and we’re committed to providing you exceptional support throughout your qualification.
The ABS Graduate Certificate in Business is accredited with TEQSA and meets the requirements of a Level 8 qualification on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
This course is not CRICOS registered and as such enrolments from Student Visa holders cannot be accepted.