Dr Sarah Morrison is a dedicated information security professional who is passionate about making security accessible and straightforward for organisations.
With a PhD in Russian Information Operations, Sarah has a deep understanding of threat actors and their motivations. This knowledge, coupled with Sarah’s extensive real-world experience, spanning over two decades, gives her a deep understanding of how different types of threat actors can affect your business, their tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs), and how to protect against them.
Sarah’s background in cybersecurity is both extensive and diverse. Commencing her career as a developer, Sarah has a background in Criminology, has served as an investigator in fraud and corruption for government agencies, managed IT and security risk as part of her tenure at one of Australia’s top 4 banks, provided cybersecurity services to a multitude of clients and managed teams responsible for GRC consulting. Most recently, Sarah served as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Australia’s largest ASX-listed cybersecurity company, where she successfully achieved ISO/IEC 27001 certification in under six months. In addition to her industry experience, Sarah has contributed to the advancement of the field through her university research and continued teaching in cybersecurity and data transformation as part of AIMs MBA degree program.
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology), University of Western Sydney
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours), Criminology/Social Justice, University of Western Sydney
- Diploma of Fraud Management, University of Western Sydney
- Master of Criminology, University of Sydney
- Master of Research, Security Studies, and Criminology, Macquarie University
- Doctor of Philosophy, Russian Information Operations, Swinburne University of Technology
- Lead Auditor – Privacy Information Management, Beingcert
- GDPR Foundation, The Knowledge Academy
- Lead Auditor – Information Security Certification, PECB