Following completion of this unit, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key phases of strategic and operational decision-making processes and assess the effectiveness of decision-making within an organisation
- Identify and apply appropriate rational, quantitative, qualitative, intuitive, and creative approaches to making ethical strategic decisions
- Recognise the different forms of bias that can inhibit effective decision-making and ways that they may be overcome
- Act independently or collaboratively as a member of a decision-making group in the process of making business decisions
- Apply a systems or holistic perspective to the development and implementation of business decisions within an organisation
- Demonstrate a high order of skill in analysis, critical thinking, communication, and professional application
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations, to resolve problems, and to think rigorously and independently
What is a Microcredential?
Microcredentials are certifications of assessed competency in high-demand skillsets and knowledge areas that are industry-recognised and can be achieved in shorter timeframes than other AQF award qualifications. Aligned with the individual units of our MBA+ program, a Microcredential from AIM demonstrates the high standard of learning you have achieved and bolsters your career outcomes. On successful completion, share your Microcredential on LinkedIn and other digital platforms to display your growing professional value to current and future employers.
Your Microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential or be used as recognition towards an ABS postgraduate qualification.
Progress online through theory study over 7 weeks guided by learning experts
Test and demonstrate your understanding of curriculum with online facilitator-marked assessments
Complete your study and gain a highly recognised and respected credential
Leverage your Microcredential with current and future employers to demonstrate your skills and commitment to development.
Learn it. Earn it. Share it.
Upon successfully completing the Microcredential in Business Decision-Making, you will be awarded with a digital badge to recognise your high standard of learning and commitment to professional development. You can print your badge or share it digitally, such as on LinkedIn or your personal resume, to demonstrate your ability to your peers and current or future employers.
Online Delivery Mode
Online course - 7 weeks
This unit is delivered fully online and students receive support from expert facilitators in the form of feedback to drive progress.
Our state-of-the-art online learning management system, myABS, offers a community approach to self-directed study and provides students with the opportunity to share their experiences, ideas, and questions through features such as live chat forums and integrated social media platforms.
Designed to accommodate the schedule of full-time working professional, this unit is highly accessible and provides a guided experience for students.
There are three assessment tasks for this Microcredential.
|% of Overall Grade Period
|2000 – 2500 words
|3000 – 3500 words
|Ongoing but completed by Week 7
|10 multiple choice questions per topic